Saturday, July 21, 2012

Things of the Heart

          July is normally all about fireworks, celebrations, cheering, parades, rodeos, celebrating freedom, moving sprinkler lines, haying and such things.  While we have had all of these things this month, we have had even more.  The things we have had are tender things of the heart.  I don't have pictures...only tender feelings.
     First, little Ayla Noelle was blessed July 1st in the Woodland Ward by her Daddy, Noah.   Little Noelle came to the Rasheta family to bless their lives with love and tenderness and be Rajko's little sister.  This little baby is sweet and beautifulThe older cousins all love her, the aunts and uncles love her and both sets of grandparents love her.  A precious little spirit sent to us by our Heavenly Father is always a special time for us, as we feel His spirit and realize our responsibility in tenderly leading, guiding and walking beside a small one in order to teach and renew the precepts which they knew before their birth.  It is a blessed opportunity for each of us to have precious Noelle in our lives.  Thanks to our Father for such a wonderful blessing.

     July 15th, our son Allen, was called to serve as the Branch President for the Spanish Branch here in the Kamas Stake.  My heart is full of tender feelings.  First, I know what a good man Allen is.  He will serve well.  Patrice will help him serve well.  He will work hard...and working hard for the Lord and our Savior, Jesus Christ, is a very good thing.  It is the reason we are here.  Following the example of our Redeemer by serving others and teaching His gospel is our purpose here.  Thanks to our Father for such a wonderful opportunity.

     Farming is a tender thing to me.  I am thankful for this earth.  I am thankful for the opportunity we have to learn to work hard and pray mightily to our Father in Heaven for blessings to make our crops grow, the cattle be healthy, rain from the heavens, water in the river, and knowledge to repair the equipment.  It seems that every time I stop and look around...no matter where I am...I think of the scripture that tells us cry to Him in our fields, in our houses...for our crops, for our flocks, to help the needy, visit the sick and be charitable.  We all have work to do.

     This month we were asked to fast and pray for rain to help with the fires and the serious drought situation.   We have had a few drops here and there--enough to relieve the seriousness of the situation--but today as I sit here writing, we had a down pour!  Earl has 15 acres of hay--really nice alfalfa--laying cut in the field.  Farmers don't want hay that has been rained onHowever, today as it poured rain from the heavens, we looked at each other and smiled, then thanked Heavenly Father.  The cattle will eat rained-on-hay, and the parched earth needed the rain so badly. 

     His tender mercies are limitless and His love is never-ending.

4 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Another amazing post.
Love you, Mom.

Polly said...

beautiful post. something about babies, children and nature always make me feel tender as well.

Billie Jo said...

You can just strike such a chord on life and the many wonderful things that make each day a miracle.

Giselle Rasheta said...

I have been loving the rain so much. It's nice to know that everyday there will be a cool drink for the earth. I just hope the weather does what we need it to in order to pull a successful farm season out! By "we" I mean not me...haha.

I'm proud of Allen for the excitement he has for the calling. I know that can be really overwhelming but he is the perfect match for that calling. I can't wait to see how the branch does with him in that calling.

And of course, I think a new baby is such a blessing. I often hear people say that they'd like another child, but not another baby. I know that I have a lot of less-fun baby days ahead of me with Noelle, but I absolutely adored the entire newborn stage and just die for her every second of every day.

:)