Wednesday, August 22, 2012



Just some stuff worth remembering.....

This old house has been standing in Woodland since I can ever remember.  As long as I ever knew, the house belong to Pyrcilla....Pyrcilla Gines.  I never knew her, but that's what we always called the place..."Prycilla's."  My Dad leased this ground until the family sold it ten or so years ago.  Georgia and I took the cows to "Pyrcilla's" almost every summer morning when we were little girls, and brought them back home again for the afternoon milking.  The house was always boarded up, but I thought it must have been a great house in it's day.  I guess the current owner has decided to take the house down.  So sad to see a community landmark disappear.  I guess life changes and goes on.  I wanted to take a picture of it before it was entirely gone.  Good bye Prycilla's!
As a child, I had one of the best cousins ever.  Georgia, me and Anna Marie were inseparable when Anna's Marie's family visited.  As  life goes, we all grew up, got married, had children and careers and now we have time to re-establish our friendship again.  Anna Marie and her sister came last year and we went to Bench Creek for lunch.  This year, Anna Marie and her husband, Bob, came, so we met at Hi Mountain Drug and had the best visit.  We had fun and it was great to re-establish those feelings of friendship again.
"Wicked" is in Salt Lake and the kids bought tickets for our Christmas present almost a year ago!  The show was at the Capitol Theater, which is a beautiful building, and the show was wickedly awesome!  My kids are the best and it was so nice to spend an evening with them.

These are just a couple of things that are worth remembering for me.  I hope I never forget time spent with those we love and the fun time we have together! 

3 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

I was also sad when I saw that the old house was being torn down. I actually remembering going in it as a little girl. I thought it was funny that a "house" was so full of cow pies! LOVED Wicked! What a fun night. Great picture, by the way. We should always takes pictures when we have just returned from a week at the beach!

Chelsea Johnson said...

What great memories! Wicked was so wonderful!

Polly said...

so sad when something from our past goes away. I've got two friends, who, when their parents died and their homes were sold, the people tore the homes down. My friends can hardly go past where they used to live. It is so sad for them not to see their old homes. Life does go on, but I can at least go past my old house and remember the good times there.
How fun that you got to see "Wicked." I've never seen it and so wanted to. Your kids are great. What a fun evening!