Monday, June 27, 2011

Those Lazy, Crazy Dayz of Summer...

My family has a wonderful tradition of eating Sunday dinner together. There are times when things don't work out and we go our separate ways, but for the most part, we get together each Sunday after our meetings. It's pretty much...bring what you have... and we normally end up with delicious meals each week! It is pretty amazing. Both Olivia and Billie Jo have wonderful play rooms, so we take turns going to their homes so the adults can enjoy visiting and the kids can enjoy playing.
This past Sunday, we decided to go to Bench Creek and do "hobo" dinners and let the kids play wherever they wanted!


Rick gave the boys summer hair cuts and took away the cute little babyish looks they had. They are still pretty cute! Eli is trying to decide just what he is going to do next!
Tess, Mia (hiding behind her arm), Noah (in the background) and Jack and Luke are busily getting sticks ready so they can roast some marshmallows! Bella (the dog) is having a great Sunday afternoon nap.
The challenge to climb the old willow tree is always alive...no matter how many times you have climbed it previously. Luke has conquered again!
Evan is happy for now being able to climb up on the old rake. Once up there, however, it was a little more difficult getting down!
Ellie has passed the stage of really "playing," so she is happy to help others in their pursuit. She is a good little "care giver" to the younger cousins. Isn't she beautiful?
Luckily, my kids all enjoy being around each other. The three little girls, i.e., Liv, Evie and Emmie are all still very content to be in their parents' arms. I actually thought Rick was having fun, but from the looks of this picture, he is not enjoying our time together. I wonder if this was at the point he was going to tell me he would not square dance at my 24th show or after he told me and I just laughed at him!?
I know, that look of pure joy and contentment is pretty plain on both Earl and my face. There isn't too much better than those Lazy (for some of us), Crazy (for Earl--definitely), Daz of Summer...unless it is chillin' with the fam on a Sunday afternoon in paradise!

5 comments:

polly said...

i can just feel your afternoon with your family. being with your kids in your lovely surroundings with all those cute grandkids sounds and looks like heaven. there is nothing like enjoying meals with family on a sunday afternoon in the summer.

Giselle Rasheta said...

I love summer! And I love our family...so it's the perfect combination! I seriously just sat there at that picnic table, enjoying the conversation of my siblings so much. I know I'm not funny or entertaining, but I certainly love just being with my siblings and listening to the crazy, entertaining conversations. Thank you so much for always doing whatever is in your power to provide wonderful opportunities and experiences for us to be together. Love you!

The Gunnerson Family said...

What could be better than a summer afternoon, family, and goumet hobo dinners? What a fun time we always have; kids, adults, and dogs alike. Boy, Rick really was being grumpy. I guess that is what any mention of dancing does to him!

Billie Jo said...

We love spending summer days together. Wish I could say warm summer days, because I still had to wear a jacket and keep Evie wrapped up. The kids are getting so big and I am again grateful that you can document stages of my kids life. Someday when I am not involved in some production (ha ha) I am going to take pictures and journal about my kids.

Barbara Armstrong said...

What a great place to have family gather just as your families did when you were kids! I remember a few of your get togethers with your family Billie Sue.

I have fond memories of your young family when you lived in Colorado Springs and Earl was in the Army. That seems like an eternity ago. What great memories.